Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thanks Mr. Cab Driver!

Last night started out so much fun as we drank and bowled for a friend's birthday. After that, we headed over somewhere to karaoke, and at that point, most people were already starting to get drunk and happy/crazy/ok fine rowdy. It was 330 in the morning and finally time to go home.

Abdul and I caught a ride with someone and left our car at someone's house, where the party started before we went bowling. On the way back there, the car we were in got a flat tire in the middle of Meralco Avenue. With 4 tipsy people, changing the tire became a futile activity, and finally, we called one of our drivers to come help us out.

While waiting, we had about 3 offers by different people (cab drivers, truck drivers) to help us out, but it being that time of the night, and us not being completely in our right minds, we just kept declining to be safe.

I had to use the bathroom really badly so I hailed a cab and asked him to bring me to the closest one, which was Medical City. I asked him if he could wait for me and bring me back to my friends, and told him to keep the meter running, since I was really probably wasting his time. When I came back to the car, I noticed that he did not turn on the meter at all! He drove me back to my friends, and wasn't expecting anything from me. Usually cab drivers are the opposite and keep asking us to pay them extra if they are driving us to places they don't wanna go to. I know it was a close drive (2 min each way), but still. God Bless you, Cab Driver Eric! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!