Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby Steps

Today I was looking at my friend's baby album. She just gave birth a few days ago and as I cooed (through the computer) at the precious little life on the screen, it made me realize how far we (some of my girlfriends and I) have come from even as short as five years ago.



This is Dylan. He's 5 (6 in May) His mom, Thea Arvisu, packed their bags, and moved to Baguio last year and is raising him on her own. He's a funny little dude, and never fails to put a smile on my daughter's face.
This cutie belongs to me. She's almost exactly one month younger than Dylan up there. Thea and I were pregnant at the same time in 2004. Her curiosity could kill a million cats- a big ball of energy and sometimes hard to keep up with, but I wouldn't have her any other way.
This is Kaya. She's a year younger than Dylan and Ananda and turning 5 this year. She has the cutest smile and inquisitive eyes. Her mom is Sarah Meier-Albano, and is one of my dearest friends.
Fast forward to five years after. This is Ella. She's Ananda's baby half-sister. She's four months old and her mom Jena Daza has given up a lot to take care of her full time. I have yet to meet her, but already her smile is infectuous.
Finally, say Hello to the newest member of our family, six day old Noa. Her mom, Cynthia Kurleto is one of the most beautiful women I've ever met, and Noa is sure to follow suit. If only Peru was around the corner, we would surely come and visit every week!

Five years ago, all our lives were so different. Childless (well, 6 years for me and Thea) and free, we were night life staples. We lived for no one but ourselves, and suddenly God said, whoops, here you go-LEARN. LOVE. LIVE FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

...and life has never been the same since.

it also has never been better.

--Erica Paredes

3 comments:

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!