Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The sweetest Thing

My son, Liam, is 1 and 9 months old. Almost at the terrible-two’s stage, he’s starting to show potentials that he’s really going to be a handful. He likes climbing up on almost all furniture in our house, may it be on top of the coffee table or on top of the cover of our dishwasher. He hardly listens whenever we reprimand him. And he likes bullying his big sister, Gabie. And she’s 8! Yah, he’s that “pilyo”.
But Liam is the sweetest kid you’ll ever meet. Whenever I come home from work, I see half of his little face peeking through our safety gate by the stairs and will start screaming, “Mooooom!” in the most excited way. Once I reach the top stairs and hopped over that gate, he’ll come rushing to me and will hug my one of my legs and say, “Blab-Blab”, which means LOVE-LOVE. There are nights that before I put him to sleep, he’ll play with his mouth and make these funny-weird sounds and will try to make me do it too. And when I do, he laughs at them like there’s no tomorrow.
These are some of the simple things that I get to cherish everyday. I know that life can sometimes be hard and complicated. There are times that we get too preoccupied “living” our lives that we actually forget to “LIVE”. Then we ask, why are we not happy? Contented? But the truth is, happiness comes from the simplest things and gestures. We just have to realize that they are there. We must always keep an open heart.



Carl Laroza – Anchorage Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!