Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Reflection Eternal

I know this is going to sound cheezy, but seeing how many people are contributing to this site makes me smile! For realz!!!

Yesterday, at an event, someone told me that she loved this blog idea and she thought I was such an inspiration to other people. I was very thankful that she thought of me that way, but in reality, I started this blog so that we can all be an inspiration to each other.

I realized that the older you get, the easier it is to be cynical, and jaded, and to lose that sense of wonder and amazement that children seem to innately have. I remember telling myself years ago that I never want to lose that. I always want to look at the world the way a child does, because I KNOW there is ALWAYS something amazing that can happen--even on your worst days.

Don't think so? A lot of things we wish for happen in ways we don't expect it to. Be aware, recognize good things even in their smallest forms. And in return, give back good things to the world as well. Stop expecting things in return and give willingly, love life unconditionally and learn to laugh at yourself.

Took me 30 years, but I think maybe I'm starting to take the right steps and going the right way. Fingers crossed for the best, looking forward and trying to let go of all my issues and baggage and forever grateful to those I have in my life, and everyone I crossed paths with along the way.

--Erica Paredes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!