Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happiness is a Choice.




Hi everybody,

I'm Sarah. I'm the one on the left in (most of) those pictures up there - pictures of my girl Vicky and I, goofing off and having fun at the beach a few weeks back. 
I didn't only post these shots of us on this blog because they exude happiness and positivity, but because I wanted to let you know that these were taken on quite possibly the most painful and emotionally/spiritually testing day of my adult life. I won't go into details, but I guess the lesson is this; I could have locked myself up in my room and cried my eyes out that day. I could have chosen to isolate myself, and sulk. There was definitely a part of me that felt like it was hanging on the edge of a cliff, and that letting go would be easier than trying to pull myself back up. 

But I made a choice.  I splashed water on my face, looked in the mirror, and I chose to offer up that pain, and confusion, and fear, and weight, and anger to God.

And then I chose to smile.

Because when you believe, you know
He's got your back -- in a Big Big Way.

Still smiling ;)


-s.

1 comment:

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!