Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Seesters

Thankful for my "seesters"

I'm the youngest of three, and the only girl.  But both my brothers are happily married which makes me lucky enough to have gained two older sisters.  Angie is one of my bestfriends that knows EVERYHTING about me. We even get to work together, and carpool 2 days a week.  Our daughters are 6 weeks apart in age, go to preschool together, and they all love eachother dearly.  Liza is like the "Ate" I never had.  I can confide in her about tons of things, but I also learn a lot from her like how to make chicken adobo or how to dissect health care reform. 

I was also lucky to marry someone who has 2 sisters of his own.  Joanne is the goofy little sister I never had who I get to boss around and complain about too. 

But Trina is the older sister I always felt distant from and I guess we were just getting to know eachother.  In preparation for our visit to LA to see her (and Disneyland) in April, she surprised meand her brother (my hubby) by treating us to a date night, and massage by the beach at a spa in Santa Monica while she watches our two kids and spoils them dearly.  It was a very sweet and nice random gesture that means a lot to me and our relationship.

And then there are my BESTEST FRIENDS around the world who are all sisters to me in their own rights.  They know all my deepest and darkest secrets, they're not afraid to tell me what they think, and I know no matter the weather, they'll always be there for me. They know who they are.

Today, I am THANKFUL for my sisters who know when and how to reach out to me.

Amanda Jose, Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!