Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mexican Fiesta

I think that sometimes (okay, most times) I thrive on stress. I can't seem to do things unless there is some kind of panic involved. This is why I am always lacking in sleep or getting headaches. My time management skills are pretty awful. I mean I get everything done, but I could have got it done at a more leisurely pace had I not procrastinated. This is a problem I deal with regularly and I know a lot of people are the same. Work becomes encompassing and all of sudden I find myself getting cranky and irritable and just not very pleasant to be around.

It's moments like these, that I have to go out of my way to remind myself to slow down and breathe. That it's all just work and that I have to stop and relax or I'll just drive myself crazy. And then, when I do manage to stop for a second, I find a few moments (hopefully a few hours or even a day) to just enjoy myself and spend it with loved ones doing things that make me happy.

One such example of this was Mexican Fiesta night! Family and friends and I had been planning to do this for weeks now and it kept getting pushed back. Finally last weekend though we decided to just do it and got everyone together for a delicious feast of Mexican goodies! My cousin, and chef extraordinaire, Barni put together her delicious Mexican specialties like quesadillas, burritos, black bean salad, homemade salsa, and shrimp fajitas and I added a few humble additions like tacos and tosadas. And my mom-in-law threw in her mouth-watering seven layer dip! We even downloaded an all Mexican themed playlist (insert: Bamboleo) and rounded up good friends and family to enjoy the feast, coupled with delicious frozen margaritas ala Nino.


Diets were thrown out the window and everyone helped themselves to Barni's delicious fare (all healthy mind you! I am still dreaming of quesadillas to this day!) and we just got to relax and enjoy good company for one night out of a busy and hectic week. It was a great evening with good friends and a perfect way to recharge for the stress that I know is coming.

Life can get hard - no doubt. And jobs can get taxing, but I think that if we all remember to take time out to remember what's worth living for - having family and friends who love you, a good night's sleep, and a delicious shrimp fajita  - then you are sure to appreciate your blessings no matter how stressed out you get! Don't forget to enjoy the little pleasures when you can! They are what make everything worthwhile :)

- Michelle, Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!