Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

.those moments.

    I sat down one evening with my eighteen month old son, Cameron. We flipped through some of his favourite books and he starts pointing out all his recognisable objects and off he goes naming them all..... “ moom (moon), da (star), do(dog), bubba(baby), noh (cat).................”

....... off I slip into my collection of thoughts built up during the day. All the what’s, when’s where’s and how’s of my day and plans for the week began to take over. His recital of words were just echoes now in my busy, busy head. I then feel his tiny little hand on my face, he looks right at me and says “Mama??” Although that was all he said, it was if his eyes were begging me,  “None of those things matter at the moment, stop worrying. Please sit and just be with me.”

    Time moves too fast to neglect these moments. Our little ones grow too quickly and there is always another time to think about other things. This little moment made me smile and also made me realise that sometimes it’s just about the simple things that create happiness. Sometimes it’s just about moments that make you smile. Sometimes this simplicity is all you need.


--rae, Manila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!