Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Monday, April 19, 2010

Age ain't nuthin' butta numbah

I was out at a dinner with family and a close family friend from Japan last night. He is a funny and charismatic 88-year old professor, advisor and may I add, is in great shape (despite his pace maker). He is my (soon-to-be) mother-in-law’s foster father in Japan during her college years.

At the start of dinner, sitting next to me, he whispered that he wants to order San Miguel Pale Pilsen, with a cheeky grin on his face! How can you resist that and say no! So we order him one. The first gulp he took, he closes his eyes, smiles and says a big “aahhhhh!” Three bottles later, he says he is in heaven! It made me smile that he was in total bliss and enjoying every single moment.

After dinner, we’re walking to the car together and he says to me….
Dr.: “I’m so very happy today, I don’t know why!”
T: “I think it’s the San Miguel, sir!”
Dr.S: “No, I think it’s because I was sitting next to you!”
Unexpectedly, that made me blush! I smiled and gently patted him on the shoulder, most certainly sure it was the San Miguel talking! Even if it was the first time to meet him, his charm and attitude in life certainly left a scar in my heart. 

Simple gestures and actions from people just make you appreciate life even more.    

- T, Manila -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!