Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Godsend

The crazy climate changes has left me feeling a bit under the weather recently. Just last week, a fever hit me. I could barely get out of bed, let alone do daily chores around the house. I haven't felt so useless in ages.

As i'm lying in bed fighting the shakes and wishing the fever away, my ever-so-hyper 5 year old runs into the room and asks me to come out and play with him. I sadly decline his invitation and explain to him that "Mommy's not feeling very well... i'm sorry, i can't". Suddenly, with a look of concern, he hops onto bed with me and asks if i'm ok. I politely explain to him that i'm ill and that i just really need to rest. He then runs out of the room in a dash and comes back with our digital thermometer at hand. He hops back on the bed, sits right next to me, turns on the thermometer and shoves it in my arm pit.
"There, you'll feel much better", he exclaims proudly.

Since i've used the thermometer on him every single time he's been sick, he's under the impression that using it is somewhat like taking medicine- it's supposed to make you feel better. I'm a single mom and i do... well, everything. There's always something to be done and I pretty much take care of everybody. It was a good feeling to be taken care of for a change.

Life has its ups and downs. Sometimes the downs can be so overwhelming, you find it difficult to believe that you'll make it back up again. But these little things, these silver linings... like a little kid and a tiny gesture- it's a good sign that everything is gonna be alright.

My son is my godsend. I'm thankful for him everyday.



-Thea Arvisu, Baguio City

1 comment:

  1. your boy looks like an angel..you are blessed..:) i hope you're feeling fine already. get well soon..:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!