Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Friendship

Almost 5 years ago, we moved from Manila to here in Australia. It hasn't been easy since we had to leave behind family, friends, and our house which we've lived in Paranaque since 2000. We also left behind the little luxuries we had i.e. drivers and house-help.

We basically had to start from scratch. Looking for a house to stay, schools for the kids, even acquaintances and friends we had to look for as well. True friends are really hard to find, but potential friends are everywhere.

 Fast forward to 2006, I met the most awesome barkada. My best friend Jess and my other good friends: Nathan (also my boyfriend), Luke, Reece, Corey and Thomas. They are the best friends I could ever have. We've only been friends for 4 years but it feels like we've known each other forever. They helped me adjust and assimilate into the Aussie culture and didn't make feel like a stranger at all. I trust them with my life and my secrets. I thank you guys for making my 3 years in Adelaide a meaningful one. I love you and miss you all.

Of course I still talk to my friends in Manila, who I've been friends with since the 2nd grade at CSA Makati and I thank them for still being there for me. Thanks Jacques, Geoffrey, Bernice and Carmela for still communicating with me through Yahoo Messenger and Facebook. You four really are the best! Our friendship transcends distance and time. I miss you and hope to visit you soon.

Now 2010, my family decided to move here in Melbourne for more opportunities and a new place I guess. I am still starting to adjust since we've only been here for 3 months and hoping that when I start uni in July I will meet friends who are as awesome and fantastic as the ones I met in Manila and Adelaide.


Kristin- Adelaide/Melbourne, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!