Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chivalry is not dead :)

Happy Easter!

Every time I read this blog it makes me smile. No fail. Which is why I always click on the link everytime I've had a long and tiresome day. 

Tonight, something really simple and kind made me smile. In church, I saw an older fellow give up his seat for a young woman. Now men giving up their chairs for girls in this equal sex opportunity world is already rare, it is even rarer for an older man to do it for a younger girl. He was so kind and had a polite smile and I could see he was just really raised to respect women. Even standing (which I know was hard on his knees) he still had a smile on his face.

Moved by his act of selfless generosity, Nino and I gave up our seats so he could sit back down with his wife which he accepted with a smile and a polite "Happy Easter" and as he sat down, he and his wife held hands, while his other hand began rubbing his knees.

Oh what an amazing world we would live in if only people were always so generous and kind :)

- Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro, Manila

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mich! So nice to see you write entries here. What a great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat! :) So nice to see you here too :) This is such a great idea. Stories here always lift my spirits :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!