Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Monday, February 7, 2011

Ink and Stories

It's been quite awhile since I wrote in this blog- even thought of it I must admit. Things just got so busy, and life got in the way of all the entries I wanted to post, and all the photos I wanted to share.

This does not mean, of course, that my gratefulness has waned or my positive outlook has turned bleak. On the contrary, I feel like I have been too busy just being happy than talking about being happy. I will stop making excuses for my being AWOL though, and give my sincerest apologies for not continuing this blog as I should have. In any case, I will re-start now and hope that people will follow my lead and decide to start sharing again.





All my tattoos mean something to me. Now, at 31, I have 11.

11 tattoos. I know some of you are cringing. Some are secretly wishing they were brave enough to get one, and others just think I'm plain crazy. 

Here's the thing. These tattoos remind me, time and time again that I have stories. I have been through situations both good and bad, happy and painful, to get to where I am right now.

I have stories. Isn't that enough to be thankful for? Can you imagine living a life of boredom, or too much safety, of not being able to have anything exciting to say about your past because you were too afraid of being hurt, rejected, made fun of?

I say screw that. When you are hurt, you become stronger, when you're rejected, you become more creative, when you're made fun of, you probably have the best damn idea out there--nurture it.

So anyway, I am thankful I have stories. I have reasons for living, lessons to look back on, hopes for the future.

Oftentimes, that's all you really need.

Erica, Manila

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man! In the beginning I got a tattoo because it was the idea of having the ability to get one because I could!! Having totalitarian parentage, which would include my ILOCANO lola and her antiquated ways...it has hard to have an identity, a character that didn't jive with them. So when I left home, a moment I couldn't wait to happen, I was feeling a lot of things...especially liberated. And as the years passed, a lot has, did, have happened! A lot I had to accept that are/is/were out of my hands, but they did happen. And at first I didn't know how to forgive myself, get over them, accept that. I felt, I still feel like a repenting sinner...But my tattoos, not only remind me that THEY DID happen, but they are remnants of me...a resume of my life, chevrons of abilities. Confidence isn't just determined by our victories but also through and by our struggles and failures...our trials and tribulations. And that is a good thing. There's one big piece on my back that for awhile now, I had been wishing I got a little smaller...but thank you. That particular piece regards some very interesting times of my life...and it does remind me, my reasons for being, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!