Spread Happiness

We're all in this together, whether you feel it or not, whether you like it or not. In this day and age, love, peace, happiness may seem hard to find, but in reality, little things make us smile every single day.

Tell us your stories. We'd love to hear them. Email us at kaya.ananda@gmail.com and we'll post it on the blog for you.

Let's keep each other inspired, grateful and loved.

Peace :)

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mama's Love

I'm a workaholic.  My day always starts off with putting my glasses on, changing and feeding my 2 and a half-month old baby Holly, going down to eat breakfast, giving the angel a bath, and turning on my computer to get some work done.  It's usually fun and fulfilling since I get to work and earn from home, but it can get really stressful especially when the little darling would wake up and start wanting attention, milk, or to be carried around even while I'm in the middle of time-crunching.  Other than that, I also have to tend to other important matters like this NSO census thingy, the application form of a cable company, and keeping the folks updated on life here in the city.
It's tiring, especially for a 20-year old who just transformed from student to freelancer to work-at-home mom.  But hey, I love my life and where Fate has brought me.  I'm happy that I have a baby girl who warms my heart each time she smiles, a husband who works hard to not only support us financially but who takes the time to figure out why I'm so silent or what I'm thinking about, and family who never stops thinking about how we're doing, if we're eating well, and if things are okay here in Manila.  I'm happy I have friends on Plurk who keep me from going insane out of isolation, my freelance work to keep my mind occupied, social media to keep me in the know-how of our crazy world, and music to soothe my nerves whenever I feel like the walls are closing in and the silence's constant urges to make me want to jump out of the window (there's a big one right in front of me at the moment). 
In the end, all I have to do is get up and stare at Holly with her tongue out while she's sleeping so soundly and all the stress goes away.  And remembering all the challenges I had to go through to bring her into this world, I just want to scoop her up in my arms and whisper in her tiny ear, no matter what Mommy will always love you
Your browser may not support display of this image.

Steffi, Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and stories are welcome! Please keep it positive!